When you’re planning a vacation trip to Bali, you won’t want to miss the Top 16 Bali Vacation Experiences, produced by the Lonely Planet publishing house. Owned by BBC Worldwide, Lonely Planet is the largest travel guide book and digital media publisher in the world.
Notable picks from the list:
- Pulau Menjangan scuba-diving. Picture a tropical fish tank owned by God himself.
- Balinese dancers. These are a major form of entertainment in Bali, raised to an art form the way Germany has opera and England has rock concerts.
- The Sacred Monkey Forest. Well, can you find a sacred monkey forest anywhere else in the world? Huh? Got you there, don’t we?
- The Tanah Lot temple. Not just a magnificent temple, but built on a rocky island protruding from the sea like Neptune’s wedding cake.
- Gili Islands swimming. Swimming pool owners the world over try to keep their pools warm, clean, and crystal blue. The water around Gili islands is better than all of them combined.